Start an Activitity
The Association was set up for the benefit of the community and the Islamic Cultural Centre is to be used for the community. We have been very pleased that individuals have come forward and offered their ideas and help. As a result we have a wide variety of activities at the Centre (see ‘Activities’ page).
Members of the community are welcome to propose new activities/events. The process is as follows:
- Have an informal discussion with any member of the Committee about your proposal as a sounding board but also to ensure that something similar is not already taking place or is being planned.
- If nothing similar is taking place or is planned, and the idea looks like it could have appeal to the community, then you should put together a formal proposal. This should include the following information:
- Outline of your activity/event
- Target group – i.e. who is the activity/event aimed at
- Types of activities that will take place – ideally include a plan for the first six months
- Days of the week activity/event will take place
- Times activity/event will take place
- Who will have overall responsibility for running the activity/event
- Who are other members of the team
- Costs for running the activity/event (give a budget)
- How the activity will be financed (self-financing, external grant and/or funding from Association)
- How the activity/event will be advertised/marketed
- How the activity will be sustained We do not want to start an activity and find out it fizzles out after a few weeks due to lack of commitment, interest, or finance.
- Timescales for starting the activity/event
- Once you have the proposal you can pass it to the Management Committee via any member, who should ensure it is put on the agenda of the next Committee Meeting. These are held monthly. The Committee will discuss the proposal and take one of three steps:
- Accept the proposal
- Ask for further information before agreeing to the proposal
- Reject the proposal
- Once you have the final agreement, you can start the activity.