- The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Details of parents/guardians for children under 16 years of age attending the Bayaan Academy or one of the activities organised by AHMA.
- How we get personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For newsletters and any advertising any future events organised by AHMA
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Online charity donations which are also required for claiming Gift Aid on our behalf by Charity Checkout (Third Party)
- Bank transfers
- Standing Orders
- We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you an update on what we are currently doing, promote future events and provide a Monthly Newsletter.
We shall NOT share this information with any other organisation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
- How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in AHMA’s electronic cloud storage hosted by a Third-Party provider under contract.
We keep your email address and name for at least 3 years. We will then dispose of your information by writing to you advising you that we shall delete your details from our database unless you request retention.
- Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete the information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post AHMA, Islamic Cultural Centre, Grove Lane, Hale, Altrincham. WA15 8JG if you wish to make a request.
- How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at AHMA, Islamic Cultural Centre, Grove Lane, Hale, Altrincham. WA15 8JG.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk